Friday, February 25, 2011

Bruins' Milan Lucic Returns to Home of Junior Glory

Filed under:



VANCOUVER -- Milan Lucic returned to the scene of the grime Wednesday.

The Boston Bruins winger was serenaded in the Pacific Coliseum, the rink where he spent many days working and sweating his way to the NHL with the Vancouver Giants of the junior WHL. The Giants held a news conference in advance of Milan Lucic Night on Friday, when they will place him on their Ring of Honor and hand out 500 bobblehead dolls bearing his likeness.

Boston's practice in his old junior barn, due to a schedule conflict at Rogers Arena, evoked memories of his final game with the Giants in May 2007 when they won the Memorial Cup, symbolic of North American major junior supremacy. Lucic also won a WHL crown in his two seasons as a Giant.

"It was especially nice today, being able to practice here in the Coliseum," said Lucic, a 22-year-old Vancouver native. "Growing up down the street, that's where I always wanted to play, because when I was a kid the Canucks were always playing here.

"When I started playing, it was right next door at the Agrodome. Obviously, the two years that I had here with the Giants, winning championships both years, it was somewhere where I was able to develop my game. It got me to where I am now."

Robin Tunney Kate Groombridge Dania Ramirez Lucy Liu LeAnn Rimes

No comments:

Post a Comment